I’ve joined several TBR (To Be Read) challenges for 2012 that require me to read books I already own. I really do need to make a dent in that stack!
But….. like Judith over at Leeswammes’ Blog, I also have a wishlist. This is a virtual pile of books, that I would like to own or at least read. I keep my list on an Excel spreadsheet and add to it faster than I’ll ever be able to read from it: currently it has 662 titles on it.
So I need Judith’s Wishlist Challenge! It requires me to read 12 books (one for every month of the year) that I’d like to read, but don’t already have on my shelves. The title MUST be on my wish list before January 1, 2012, so I’ve decided to commit to 12 titles right now. And, as a bonus to myself, all of the titles (but one) are fiction and all are by Canadian authors.
1. Mordecai: The Life & Times by Charles Foran
2. Twenty-Six by Leo McKay Jr.
3. Practical Jean by Trevor Cole
4. Half-Blood Blues by Esi Edugyan
5. The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt
6. The Beggar’s Garden by Michael Christie
7. Mister Sandman by Barbara Gowdy
8. The Colony of Unrequited Dreams by Wayne Johnston
9. A Recipe for Bees by Gail Anderson-Dargatz
10. The Birth House by Ami McKay
11. Joyner’s Dream by Sylvia Tyson
12. The Calling: A Hazel Micallef Mystery by Inger Ash Wolfe